Asparagus is a healthy vegetable that can be served in salads, and these are also known as sparrow grass, which is cooked in many ways. Sauteed Asparagus and mushrooms with good seasoning are one of the most generous combinations with many meals like steaks, burgers, or any other food.
The air fryer makes the perfect crispy and crunchy food. Air-fried Asparagus is loved by many people, especially the diet conscious people. Are you a veggie lover? Do you love to have Asparagus as a snack? The crispy crunch in the mouth makes the satisfying flavors burst in the taste buds.
You can also make the yummy air fryer roasted Asparagus as a healthy side dish in your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It can be roasted in the oven for about 20 minutes; however, air-fryer will take less time and can prepare the veggie exactly like an oven-baked. If you are running short of time, then you can easily make these in just seven minutes in an air fryer as it will be crispy and ready to eat in much less time.
So quick! So delicious! It is what comes first in mind when you fry the Asparagus or other veggies like Brussels Sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes in an air fryer. Surely the air fryer asparagus will be the new favorite side dish on your list.
How to Cook Asparagus in Air Fryer
Cooking Asparagus in an air fryer is really simple, quick, and easy as it does not require any ingredients which are not available at home and can be cooked within a few minutes. The step by step recipe along with ingredients and direction to cook it are as follows:
- Wash the Asparagus thoroughly to remove all dirt and use the fresh ones
- Trim the ends of the veggie about an inch up from its bottom
- Now take the Asparagus in a bowl and lightly drizzle around one tablespoon of olive oil or any oil which you like (preferable oil olive) over the veggies.
- Then add the ingredients for seasoning like sprinkle some kosher salt up to taste and also add the ground pepper over it, which should be taken in less quantity than salt but add up to your taste. (You can also use any readymade seasoning for the new experiment).
- Now mix it or toss it well so that all the Asparagus gets coated in the seasoning.
- Now put the bowl of Asparagus aside and preheat the air fryer for around 3 minutes at 380 or 400 degrees F.
- Once the air fryers get preheated, then place the Asparagus in Air Fryer basket and then close the basket and turn on the air fryer for the cooking process at 400 degrees F and set the timer for 7 minutes this time for perfect cooking.
- Once the time is up, then serve the sideline of Asparagus with your meal and enjoy the crunch!
Some people wanted to know how to cook fresh Asparagus? The answer to it is simple, as you need to follow the recipe given above. A bit of seasoning for trimmed Asparagus with salt and pepper with olive or avocado oil is enough to make them yummy, but you need to use an air fryer here to make it crunchy.
Trimming the bottom of the Asparagus is necessary as it is hard to eat and contains the actual roots that are not to be eaten, and as per some dietitian or nutritious dieters, it is better to trim the pale end of each stalk because these are woody and tough.
- Preheating the air fryer gives a much crispy result, but you must read the company’s instructions of the fryer on the manual for preheating the exact time because it depends on the individual company product.
- Toss the basket in halfway through the cooking process to get the equal crispy for all asparagus cooking at once.
- Do not overload the basket of an air fryer with the Asparagus, or else there is a chance that they will be cooked unevenly. So always place the Asparagus in a single layer in the basket by not getting them in touch.
These tips will surely help you to make the perfect sideline asparagus. There are several air fryer asparagus recipes that can be used to make delicious ones, but the recipe mentioned above is the most simple one with the ingredients that are easily available at home, so you don’t need to go to the market or store to get the proper ingredients for it.
A healthy way of living is essentially through eating healthy. And if the air fryer has your back, then you should not worry about your health for consuming extra fats or oils. The air fryer does not require any extra oil like the deep fryer. Sprinkling some oil on food is enough, or you can use a cooking spray is enough to prepare the meal; however, sometimes there is no such need to add any oil because the circulating hot piping air in the air fryer cooks the crispy food without oil also.
An air fryer is not only used for cooking veggies like Asparagus; however, if you want to make any meat like steak, roasted meat, air-fried nuggets, sausages, or any other frozen item, you can easily cook it in an air fryer. Asparagus in the air fryer is delicious as it has a unique taste with a crunch that makes you feel satisfied by eating it as a sideline veggie. A very common question that appears in mind is:
Are Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus Healthy?
The answer is very simple, which is YES! Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus is very healthy and great for fitness as there is no excessive oil added to it, and the roasting procedure either in the oven or air fryer makes it yummier by having a crisp on it.
For around 1/4 pound of the Asparagus, it has around 53 calories and 4 grams of fat if you are using oil (healthy fat just from olive oil or any other oil used). And 4 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, and 3 grams of protein is also contained in the whole asparagus meal.
It is also a great source of Vitamins like vitamin A and C are in this veggie. The roasted air-fried Asparagus are also added in the KETO diet and also for other diets like a healthy vegetarian diet, vegan, Paleo, Whole30, as it a low carb veggie.
These veggies are really healthy and used by restaurants also as a significant sideline of veggies along with some other veggies like carrots, broccoli, and cabbage, or mashed potatoes. The bacon-wrapped asparagus air fryer is trending as a healthy meal for diet and bacon lovers.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Air Fryer
Bacon is loved by many people; however, if you are excited to try bacon with vegetables, then Asparagus is the best option because the combination of Asparagus and bacon is super exciting and delicious.
The recipe is really simple and easy. All you need to do is to follow the given steps for perfect crunch:
- First, you need to cut the bacon in half.
- Then take the Asparagus and trim the ends of it up to an inch or half.
- Then add the Asparagus in a bowl and add olive oil; just a drizzle of oil is enough; then add the seasoning, which included the salt and black pepper along with creole seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients well and coat it well with the seasoning
- Now wrap the half slice of bacon over the two spears of well-seasoned Asparagus.
- Cook it well in the air fry for by setting a timer of 10 minutes and temperature at 400 degrees F.
- Then turn the bacon or toss it and then cook for another 10 minutes as, by this, it will be cooked evenly from both sides. (You can also preheat the air fryer before cooking the bacon asparagus.
- Serve the crispy and crunchy meal and enjoy it.
- You can also store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Creole seasoning gives additional taste to the veggie, and the bacon-wrapped Asparagus is one of the most deadly delicious combos with any meal. An air fryer is very easy to handle as you do not need to learn much to cook in it. You can also watch the way of using it on the internet.
Experimenting with food is a hobby for many people as they love to eat food that has a unique new flavor or taste. Bacon itself is very tasty, and the brown color on it is what makes it look more tempting; and this golden brown color also occurred in the air fryer just like we get in an oven, grill, or a pan.
How to Fry Asparagus?
It is another confusing question when dealing with this vegetable. It is very easy to fry Asparagus, but first, you must need to know what you want? Do you want to fry it in a deep fryer? Do you want to pan-fry it, want to bake it, or you want the healthiest option of air frying the Asparagus?
I am sure you would love to go with the healthiest option to maintain your diet and health with super yummy air fryer asparagus. It will give the same taste as the deep-fried or baked one; however, it is not less than magic that you can get the same crisp of deep-fried items in an air fried item. The same golden brown outer layer of veggie is what you will get.
Moreover, if you have not purchased an air fryer yet, then you are missing a major thing in your kitchen. It is very easy to eat junk and to gain weight and become unhealthy but maintain the fitness and smartness of the body along with a healthy diet is what you will get with your partner “air fryer.”
Maintain Your Healthy Diet
You can easily maintain your healthy diet by adding the air fryer Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus to your diet. You will definitely have a yummy meal and will feel fresh and full after eating this. Some people also use the air fryer asparagus in a curry that makes the gravy type dish even more delicious and delicious.
It is a vegetable that can be used as a perfect option to be added to your salad. Salad will become more flavorful and colorful by added this fresh green sparrow grass. There are many other benefits, too, as Asparagus is high in folic acid and is considered a good source of potassium, vitamins, and thiamin, and it is quite low in calories.
Frozen Asparagus Available Online
The Asparagus is also available online, and the fresh ones can also be ordered through the mart or grocery store online. Frozen ones are the stored ones in which you can also be cooked any time in an air fryer. It will give the same taste and flavor as a fresh one. You can also have other frozen veggies and can cook in the healthiest way that is to cook them in an air fryer.
Enjoying meals on the evening of a weekend is a wish of all, and most people do that at the weekend with family. So why not eat healthy veggies like these as enjoy the weekend with it as an evening snack, or you can also have it as a sideline of any meal either in lunch, breakfast or in dinner.
Online availability of food has made the lives easy as the hustle to cook the fresh food is real but frozen ones are trimmed and clean, and all you need to do is to put them in an air fryer and cook it within almost no time. There are a lot of times when we are busy with the scheduled work, and in this situation, an air fryer can be the most effective option for you to cook your food within less time and perfectly.