Usually, everyone loves potatoes, and the dishes or snacks that are made with potatoes are always delicious. But when we talked about baked items, we think of an oven, but have you ever tried baking perfect food items in an air fryer?
Now you can simply bake any meal in the air fryer if you do not have an oven or wants to cook food in lesser time than an oven. It will not only take less time; however, it air fryer is considered to be the healthiest option to cook any meal as per the researchers.
The air fryer works in a simple way where the hot air that is inside the chamber or the basket of an air fryer circulates and cooks the meal, but you just need to flip or toss the food halfway through cooking to ensure the perfect even cooking.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Baked potatoes are in love with the sour cream and cheese. The air fryer baked potatoes are crispy as the outer skin of potato gives a crisp and tender from inside, fluffy and soft.
It is confessed about this instant pot that is used as the ready to go pot for baking potatoes. You will surely love it as it has the best result. The best and crispy layered baked potato with soft and mouth-watering inside potato is always amazing.
For these baked potato in air fryers, you do not have to preheat like an oven as preheating is not necessary, but if your manual says to preheat the air fryer before cooking, then you can do it, but surely it will take much lesser time than the oven.
Best Baked Potato in an Air Fryer
So why does everyone like these so much? just because these are super quick, easy to cook and tasty at the same time. You do not have to wait for so long in order to preheat your oven. And air fryer is an energy saver also as you do not have to waste the energy on preheating it for a long time. You can get the best with fewer items.
It might maximum take 5 minutes to get preheated, and you just need to take your potato, wash it thoroughly and just pat with a dry towel or paper and put it in the fryer. The steps are so easy and simple. Slight use of cooking spray also helps to get the best flavour, taste and crispiness.
The air fryer has the best quality as it does not heat up your entire house with its heat as an oven does. It is not a small thing in the time of summer; perhaps it is a blessing for health conscious to get any meal cooked without oil. You can also even cook air fryer French fries and air fryer sweet potato fries easily.
This simple method to bake the potato gives the best results in the crispiest skin form, and even you will get the best texture from this baked potato.
How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
This is one of the most common questions from all the air fryer users or beginners. You can simply make the baked potato in the air fryer; you can make delicious and your favourite kind meals in the air fryer, but for this recipe of the baked potato in an air fryer, you need to follow the following steps:
- First, wash your potatoes and then just pat them to get dry. Then simply place them in an Air Fryer chamber or the basket. You can also give them a light coating of salt and pepper.
- You can also use flavoured like olive oil cooking spray. Or you can also use the avocado oil cooking spray as both results amazing and also it works superbly.
- Make sure to spray your potatoes from all sides, and then sprinkle the coating of pepper and the salt. It will help to get crispy skin, and it will also help your seasoning to get properly stick with your potato skins.
- If you do not have any cooking spray, then don’t worry, as you can simply use a little bit of drizzle the oil by just rubbing to just coat the potato skins properly. If you also do not have olive or avocado oil, then any oil you can use that you use for cooking.
- You can also sprinkle some other spices generously, like the sea salt but make sure that if you use sea salt, then do not use the other normal salt, and you can also use the garlic powder. (Half a teaspoon of these like each for around 3 or 4 large potatoes is enough).
- You can use your hand to add the spices to the skin of the potato, and you can also use the gloves for coating.
- Setting the Air Fryer temperature at 400 degrees F is perfect, and the timer for about 40 minutes. You can surely have a look after the 25 minutes of cooking as this will surely satisfy you, and you need to toss or flip the potatoes at that time to get them an even cook.
- After forty minutes, you will surely get the perfect crispy golden-brown skin of potato with the amazing cook.
The tools that are used to make air fryer baked potato are the air fryer, tong for flipping and turning and removing the hot baked potatoes from the fryer and a measuring spoon to measure the seasoning that you add to your meal.
You can serve these with sour cream or with any salsa, or you can simply have them with your steaks or chops.
This above-given air fryer baked potato recipe is very delicious as it takes 40 minutes; that is a long way to go, but you will surely get the best results.
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
The baked sweet potato in an air fryer can be made in just three ingredients. Either you are looking for a tasty or delicious side dish like a sideline or any yummy snack, you can have the baked potatoes as both.
The baked sweet potatoes are always great and very healthy and nutritious. Baked sweet potato in air fryer are tempting.
- Take four medium-sized fresh sweet potatoes.
- Take around three or four tablespoons of olive oil.
- One teaspoon of the kosher salt
- Half of the teaspoon of the black pepper
- Pierce your sweet potatoes several times with the help of a small knife or a tines fork.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil on it like over your clean sweet potato and slightly rub to coat it.
- Sprinkle it with some of the salt and the pepper if you are taking it.
- Cook it at the temperature of 390 degrees F for approx. 40 to 50 minutes as depending on the thickness and size of it, and also flip it halfway through.
You can also make sweet potato fries in an air fryer with very little oil. Yes! You heard it right you can get the crispy and yummy fries also in an air fryer without even deep-frying them, and baked and grilled items can also be made in the air fryer.
The fluffy sweet potato with the crispy skin along with a delicious topping always tastes best and perfect. However, you can also have it with butter, sugar and cinnamon powder as well. It will definitely taste awesome.
Stuffed baked potatoes are really tempting and tantalizing. You can have these at any time, either in breakfast, lunch or dinner.
The roasting process has a high chance of making the whole kitchen heat up, but the air fryer has the best way to cook the meal without heating the kitchen. It resolves many problems as it is not very huge in size or not necessary to be fixed in one place. It cooks the healthiest meals as very little oil is used that has no excessive fats or calories.
How To Make Baked Sweet Potatoes Easily
It is very easy to make the sweet baked potatoes in an air fryer as you need to follow the following steps:
- Clean as wash and dry the sweet potatoes
- Pierce them with the help of a fork
- Coat them evenly with oil first as you can also use the cooking spray and then add the seasoning like you can take the cinnamon, the sugar if you want it to be sweet only or for a sweet and sour mixture you can add the seasoning of salt and the pepper.
- Spritz the air fryer with the cooking spray and add the potatoes in it and just bake for around 400 degrees F for around 40 to 45 minutes, and then these will be ready to eat.
Tips For Baking Sweet Potatoes
- Wash the raw sweet potatoes properly by scrubbing them with your hands properly and then dry. Do not let any dirt remains on it, or else that can even make them taste really bad.
- Air frying is the healthy and easy option; steaming these will not give you the perfect results.
- Pole the fork in it to get the hot air let the potato cook evenly and completely. Repeating the poking process like 5 to 6 times will give the best results.
- Pick the right sweet potato that has a perfect size and great skin.
How to serve baked sweet potatoes? It is the most common question of all time, and you can serve it in the following ways as a side dish, or as a stuffed baked potato, as a delicious and tasty mashed sweet potato dish with any of your desired meal.
The toppings that you can use our cinnamon honey butter or chilli, or the topping of butter, paprika, and crumbled bacon mixture. These sweet potato toppings surely enhance the taste of the meal. Baked potato in the air fryer is surely one of the unique restaurant-style sideline dishes.
Stuffing of sweet potatoes
Sweet potato stuffers can be the Chorizo Enchilada, beef BBQ, Pepper Pulled Pork or the Buffalo Chicken Dip. Air fryer baked potato time is much, but when you eat it with the yummy stuffing, you will surely forget the time and just fall for its delicious taste. Baked potato air fryer is super delicious
Storing leftover sweet potatoes can also be done by just transferring all the leftovers in an airtight container, and you can also wrap it tightly in a foil to store it in a refrigerator. It can be stored for up to 3 to 4 days and can also be freeze for around three months.
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Easy and simple dishes are always satisfying. It can be a side dish with any of the main courses.
The query regarding how to bake a potato in the air fryer has already been explained in the above recipes but if you want something different in flavor, then follow the following recipe:
- Take three russet potatoes like in the medium-size, then just scrubbed as well as rinse it with water.
- Use the cooking spray.
- Take half a teaspoon of the sea salt or less than that.
- Take half a teaspoon of the garlic powder.
- Spring onion, bacon, sour cream for the garnish.
- Place the potatoes in your Air Fryer, and just simply spray with the cooking spray as on both sides.
- Sprinkle some of the sea salt and the garlic powder or the minced garlic on every side evenly.
- Cook it in the Air Fryer at around 400 degrees F for about 40-50 if you do not have the thermometer, then use the fork to check whether it is cooked or not.
Serve it hot while splitting it from the middle not fully but half, and stuff a bit of sour cream while adding some of the spring onions as well as the bacon on the top. Fried mince also tastes best with it on the top.
Preparation time is usually 2 minutes, and cooking time is 40 minutes as depending upon the size of the potato. The total time will be 42 minutes. It is very nutritious and delicious at the same time it is a must-try food to get the best. Baked potatoes in air fryer are a must dish to try.