Chicken leg piece is one of the juiciest parts of chicken that taste really good. If you are also a chicken leg lover then you must have tried all the chicken leg recipes like the fried ones or the flavored ones like the chicken legs with cheese filling.
But the one thought that always comes in mind is about consuming more calories when everyone thinks of the fried legs or the drumsticks.
Now your problem is resolved by the air fryer. Yes! Air fryer can do wonders. You can make any fried item or even a non-fries meal in an air fryer without the use of any oil or any excessive oil.
Few drops of oil or simple spritz of it can also make the best meal for you. You will get the perfect result for your meal in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs Recipe
The recipes of air fryer chicken legs are delicious and tasty. You can make it in many ways in the air fryer either with the crispy coating or without it.
Air fryer chicken legs are really quick, easy and delicious for your lunch or dinner. These chicken legs or drumsticks are tossed with the perfect seasoning of spices and make the perfect taste with olive oil.
The delicious taste of flavors and the crispiness of the chicken skin make the meal perfect. You can have these drumsticks with any sauce or with any other meal in combination to it. Today the recipes of chicken legs in air fryer are definitely going to make your day.
It is all about the crispy drumstick means the legs that are made with the super easy steps and simple spices. Either it’s a party or any get together you can always have fun while making these in air fryer.
These are juicy and full of balanced flavors that gives the perfect taste and you can serve them with your favorite combination like the creamy corn macaroni or with cheese dip.
Your family and friends are surely going to love it. The first recipe that might go with your taste is as follows:
Ingredients to Make Chicken Legs
The ingredients that you require to make the air fryer chicken legs or air fryer drumsticks are as follows:
- Chicken legs (drumsticks)
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea or Kosher salt
- Black ground pepper
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Some chili powder
- Onion powder (optional)
- First you need to make your chicken legs ready and for that you need to take your drumsticks
- Then after taking drumsticks in a shallow bowl take all the spices like the seasoning and add it in the bowl
- After adding it just mix it well and marinate your chicken
- After marinating just keep the chicken aside for 2 hours and let it set.
- After 2 hours you can preheat your air fryer but it is not necessary.
- You need to preheat your air fryer that will help to give the best results to you.
- The temperature for preheating should be 400 degrees and you can set the timer for 3 to 5 minutes
- After preheating just take your drumsticks and set them to cook in the air fryer set the timer for 25 minutes and temperature for 400 degrees F.
- You can check whether the chicken is cooked or not by using a thermometer if it reads to 165 degrees F then that means that the temperature is perfectly set and now your chicken is ready.
- Once the time is done just check the chicken if it becomes golden brown than just take it out, serve it and enjoy.
Always make sure to use a large size bowl for marinating the chicken because more pieces will require more space to rest and cook it in the air fryer but make sure not to overload the basket with the drumsticks because it may get the uneven cook on meat.
Air fryer is what gives the best and perfect result. If you are a beginner then you must try this recipe to enjoy a healthy meal because it is the healthiest way to cook food that is simple, easy, quick and delicious.
You must use a tong to flip the drumsticks or leg pieces in the halfway through. It is necessary to cook the meat properly so that it will taste perfect. There are several tips that will also help you to get the perfect results.
Tips to make the best air fryer chicken legs or drumsticks
There are several tips that will help you to make the best and perfect air fryer chicken legs. For the crispy one you need to take the chicken with skin and it is a good idea to use a paper towel like before coating the meat pieces with the seasoning as it will help the olive oil and other spices to stick together.
This also removes the excess of the moisture and it also ensures that your chicken is cooked perfectly like crispy with the skin. Preheating is not necessary for every air fryer because the ones that have the company instructions to get preheated before cooking require preheating.
Do overflow the basket with the chicken legs or else they will get an uneven cook and do not cooks properly as perfect from all sides. Do not overfill your air fryer basket otherwise the chicken legs will not be able to cook evenly since all the hot air will not be able to circulate fully and completely.
Check your air fryer manual for information about how much you should fill your particular model. You should use a tong to flip or turn the drumsticks so that the hot air inside the air fryer may not affect you.
Air fryer do not make the food greasy as the other kitchen appliance do and it is not smelly at all so do not worry just use a little spritz of cooking spray and make your perfect meal.
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Legs
If you are following a keto diet then this blog will help you to maintain your healthy diet because cooking in an air fryer is the healthiest option and you can make the perfect meal with less calories and also with less oil or no oil.
Keto air fryer chicken recipe is really simple as all you need to take is the drumsticks like the chicken pieces, take some salt, pepper and paprika with it and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Using the chicken with skin is more appropriate option so take it.
Mix all the ingredients and spices all-together and make sure to rub the seasoning all around the chicken leg pieces. This recipe is also known as air fryer chicken legs no breading where the bread coating is not involved while cooking the sticks.
Get your air fryer preheated for around 5 minutes at 400 degrees and after that add your marinated chicken in it. The drumsticks will get set and here you do not need to add any more olive oil or cooking spray because you had already added the oil while marinating. Just set the chicken sticks in the air fryer and let it cook at 400 degrees F ans for 12 minutes.
Once it gets done, you can serve it with everyone and can also enjoy alone. This easiest chicken drumstick recipe is also just another reason to make you fall in love with your air fryer!
Fried Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
Fried Chicken legs do not require any excessive oil to fry it and this is the magic of an air fryer where you can get the perfect fried food without frying it. As air fryer works in the best way where the hot air inside the fryer cooks the food perfectly without using any oil and gives the best crisp and crunch to the food.
Do not worry; if you are on diet then air fryer has got your back. It will help you to maintain your diet by letting you eat the fried food without deep-frying it. You can make a perfect recipe by following the steps. The ingredients that are required to make the best fried chicken legs in the air fryer are:
- Chicken drumstick (legs)
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil or any cooking spray
- Beaten eggs
- All-purpose flour
The steps are also very simple as you need to do such simple things as:
- First you need to take the chicken drumsticks and marinate with the seasoning like salt, some garlic powder, some pepper and also some paprika and mix it well with the help of olive oil to get it perfectly stick on all sides.
- Then you need to take a bowl in which you need to add the all-purpose flour and a bit of salt so that the crisp may not have the tasteless outer layer.
- Take another bowl and add 2 eggs in it. Beat it well.
- Take the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Now you need to take the 1st like and individual drumstick and add it in the flour mixture after that simply add it in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumbs. You can use the panko breadcrumbs.
- After completing this process do it with all the other pieces and make sure to properly coat it with all the ingredients that are used to make the outer layer crispy like the flour, eggs and the breadcrumbs.
- One this process is done for all the chicken leg pieces you simply need to preheat your air fryer now at 400 degrees F and for 5 to 10 minutes. (Preheating time depends on the air fryer manual instructions)
- After this you need to take the drumsticks and place it in the air fryer. Make sure to make the meal in batches so that no stick can overlap each other and can have the perfect cook of meat on every side of the chicken.
- Just spritz some cooking spray on the top and close the basket of the fryer.
- Now you need to set the timer for 15 minutes and at 400 degrees F.
- Ones it gets done you just simply need to check the perfect crispiness, and golden-brown color.
- If you feel like giving it few more minutes to cook then do it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ones its done just eat it and enjoy.
This chicken legs air fryer recipe is a must.
How to Cook Chicken Legs in Air Fryer
This is the most common question that is asked by the air fryer users or the chicken lovers. You can simply follow the above given recipes that are the most easy, convenient, easy, quick and delicious. Just take the chicken legs and add on all the spices and simple cook them in the air fryer.
The only thing to concern about is the perfect balance of the spices and also the air fryer temperature and timer that helps to cook the food to its perfection.
If you have a question in your mind like how long to cook chicken legs in air fryer? Then the answer is simple as you only need to cook it in max 10 to 15 minutes as if you are already preheating your air fryer.
Air fryer fried chicken legs also require less time to cook. If you are in a hurry and wanted to enjoy your meal, then do try this recipe and have fun while enjoying your delicious meal. Cooking chicken legs in air fryer is very simple, easy and quick that have the best or the perfect taste of meal.
Hence, it is proved that you can make fried chicken legs air fryer without deep-frying them and can have the same perfect crispy outer layer and the golden-brown color.
Frozen chicken legs in air fryer can also be made as these are the quickest one to get cook because here you do not need to marinate the chicken and just simply add these to the air fryer and cook in the air fryer. Once it gets done you can enjoy it.