The French Fries or potato chips or simple fries are not just junk food! These are love! French fries have feelings attach with it that is perhaps a guilty pleasure due to excessive calories because of the deep-frying procedure.
But now, you do not have to feel guilty for consuming more and more fries because “Air Fryer” has made the lives easy. Hurrah!
You can simply make French fries without deep-frying or with just a drizzle of olive oil.
Yes! You heard it right. Nobody had imagined a decade before to have perfect crispy French fries that are crispy from outside and soft and juicy potatoes from inside, but now air fryer is the best partner to make this thing happened.
French Fries in Air Fryer
French fries air fryer recipes are really simple, easy and quick. You can make the fries with very fewer ingredients as we all know that we require only potato and oil for making fries but If you have only potatoes than also you can make the fries in the air fryer.
The air fryer has a unique function as it works where the hot air circulates inside the chamber, or you can say inside a basket of the machine, and the hot air cooks the food perfectly.
It cooks food just like an oven whereas placing a lot of oil like a deep-fryer with the food is not required that is why air fryer is known as the healthiest, easiest and quickest alternative machine of deep-fryer and oven.
Kids, adults, olds everyone loves the fries either they are the curly ones or the straight and simple one but parents are also curious for the excessive oil consumption that has more calories and fat makes the kids fat.
Do not say no to junk food to your kids now! Just grab an air fryer and make any meal of your kids choice and even of anyone choice, either any junk food or anything.
This machine does not make the food soggy if set properly on the try for cooking if you will overflow the basket or the chamber than there are chances that chips may not become as crispy as you want or if you want to have the soft ones than you can also make them but do not overlap them if you want an even and perfect cook.
Homemade French Fries in Air Fryer
Air fryer French fries can be made simply at home, and for the best recipe, you can follow the recipes mentioned in this blog.
Homemade food is always satisfactory because you know the efforts behind making any single thing and if anyone had already faced a failed attempt of making anything either in a pan, a deep-fryer, an oven or even in an air fryer than please do not worry!
Failure gives up a lesson to not repeat the mistakes again and try it again and make it a successful attempt.
So for the best recipe, take the following mentioned ingredients.
- Take a nonstick cooking olive oil spray to just spritz on the raw potatoes or in the basket before cooking.
- You need to get a medium-size potato or as many as you want to make fries from, that you just need to peeled and cut in the shape of French fries sticks.
- Take some around one teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Take the salt either kosher or the sea salt, kosher taste much better.
- Take the pepper (optional) as according to your taste but if you do not like it in chips or fries than do not add it.
Steps to Follow
- First, you need to just preheat your air fryer to about 380 degrees of F and by simply adding like spraying the basket of the fryer with a nonstick spray.
- Cut your washed potatoes like first peel them and then cut potato in half as lengthwise, after that into ¼ inch of a slice.
- Put these fries into a medium bowl and then rinse them very well with the cold water, after that drain them and just pat to dry the potatoes with paper towels.
- Just toss your fries with some olive oil like in a shallow medium bowl.
- Sprinkle it with around ½ teaspoon of the salt and then with pepper.
- Work in the batches as if necessary because it makes the fries evenly cook, delicious and perfect.
- Now put your fries in a very even layer like in the basket of the air fryer without overlapping them and just cook.
- Set the timer for around 15 minutes and set the temperature for 375 degrees F.
- Toss them or turn them as halfway through during the cooking process as until it gets golden brown colour and a beautiful crisp on the outside, in between 14 to over 16 minutes.
- Remove from the basket once done and just season it with salt if required and enjoy.
How to Make French Fries in Air Fryer
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by many people. The kids are also in love with the air fryer because now the parents do not stop them from setting the fries any time as these are really tasty and most importantly, these are very healthy.
So now the kids can also make any of their favourite food on their own in an air fryer.
Every question has a solution and the solution to make the perfect chips or fries is to follow the perfect recipe you can follow the above-given recipe but to have more focused points and flavours; a new recipe is as follows:
Take one pound of the russet potatoes, make sure to peel them and take two teaspoons of the vegetable oil just for a spritz or a drizzle.
Take one pinch of the cayenne pepper that is enough for a small number of potatoes. Then you need to take half teaspoon of the kosher salt that gives the best taste to every meal.
There are many ways to answer how to cook this meal in an air fryer as there are many Air fryer French fries recipes also that has different seasoning, but the simple ones Instant pot air fryer French fries recipe can be made by following the below-given steps.
Steps to make the Best air fryer French fries
- Step 1: You need to first peel the potatoes then cut each potato in a lengthwise as 3/8 inch size thick slice.
- Step 2: Cover your potatoes or dip the raw fries into the water and let them soak for around 5 to 10 minutes and make them rest for the release of the excessive starches.
- Step 3: After that just drain all the excess water and then place the potatoes in the boiling water this step is very important. Let these set in the hot boiling water for around 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Drain all the potatoes and then transfer them onto a dry cloth or paper towel. Let it all cool completely for at least about 10 minutes. Then transfer it into a large mixing bowl; then the potatoes with some of the olive oil, and also with a seasoning of cayenne, salt and just toss it to coat. (Paprika and garlic powder are optional)
- Step 5: Preheat your air fryer at up to 375 degrees F. Stack your potatoes in the double layer as in fryer basket. Cook them for about15 minutes.
Slide the basket out in half time and toss your fries and then continue frying them until they get golden brown in colour and for about 10 minutes or a bit more. Toss the fries with some salt in the mixing bowl and serve them hot immediately.
Guess now how many total ingredients are used in these air fryer French fries? Only Two! The one large-sized potato and just half tablespoon of the olive oil.
And counting the salt as the pepper seasoning is surely not right because that are just essential spices that are not something to be count on as a separate ingredient.
You can also serve these with any sauce like ketchup, any other tomato sauce, chilli garlic sauce, mayo garlic sauce, or any other sauce.
Air Fryer French Fries No Oil
Ok! So I agree that air fryer is not less than a magical kitchen appliance that does not require oil to even frying the meal. You can easily make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries also. The Air fryer French fries time
is not much because this machine cooks food quickly maybe more than the deep-fryer, but within 10 to 14 minutes it can make the fries.
I love air fryer whenever it comes to just making a crispy and a healthy item like “fried” or junk food. It is a useful countertop appliance that is just similar to the traditional convection oven that also works in some similar ways.
Hot air that is circulated in the machine around food on the rack makes a crispy and crunchy product that is total without any added oil and even the extra calories or fats like deep-frying.
A bit of healthy form olive oil is drizzled as added to the French fries for enhancing the flavour while saving many excessive calories.
For my air fryer French fries, I use Yukon gold potatoes because I like the flavour; however, Russet potatoes are most commonly used for fries.
The above procedure regarding the soaking of potatoes before cooking is also an easy tip to remove the excess starch from potatoes and make perfect chips.
Air fryer French fries time for cooking is depended on the thickness of the fries. If these are skinny than it may take only 1- to 12 minutes to get ready but if you like the thick ones than you need to set the timer for around 14 to over 15 minutes. You can make these in different small batches.
You can also use the frozen fries and can make them without oil in it but spritzing some of the olive oil is better to make the meal perfect. However, air frying nuggets, chicken thighs, drumsticks, veggies and other items without oil is also possible.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Frozen items have already made lives easy as you can easily have them ready to make meals where all you need to do is to either bake it, fry it in a deep-fryer or in the air fryer. So now just say Bye to the unhealthy fast food! And welcome the healthy fast food that is possible because of the air fryer.
You do not have to worry for anything now and do not even have to cut the potatoes or purchase them if you have a bag of the frozen french fries as well as an Air Fryer!
The frozen French fries air fryer is perfect when you are out of time or in a hurry to eat some tasty or good snack. This instant sideline can also help you to save time as you can enjoy it with the air fryer hamburgers or with air fryer steak. Air fryer French fries frozen are the easy and quick ones.
All you need to take are:
- One bag of the frozen french fries
- A cooking spray of any flavour either of olive oil or the avocado, or pam
- Take some salt as per your taste.
Now to answer the most common question: how do I cook frozen French fries in an air fryer? Must have satisfied after this blog as you need to take the above-mentioned ingredients and you just need to place the frozen fries in the preheated air fryer.
Set the timer for 15 minutes maximum and make sure to toss in halfway through at a temperature of 375 degrees F. Preheating is not necessary if it is not recommended by the company of machine.
If you are preheating than place then spritz some olive oil with the help of its cooking spray and then preheat. Air fryer frozen French fries time is very less.
Tips for storing and reheating
Air fryer French fries are perfect and best when eaten fresh and freshly made. If you got some leftovers (not seems possible but if you have some leftover) than pop them up like back in an air fryer to have extra crisp on them again. You can even place the fries in your tacos or in burgers also as per the latest trend.