The fried chicken is one of the favorite chicken meals of not only kids but everyone. Usually, we enjoy the crispy fried chicken with various sauces and fries that are also known as the “chicken and chips” combination.
However, the only thing that makes the mind rethink having fried chicken is the deep-fryer oil.
Consuming oil in excessive amounts or fried items regularly is not good for health; but you can now have any of the fried items without deep-frying it, and this all is possible just by the air fryer. Chicken is a very easy meat to cook or to deal with, but the best thing is that it tastes delicious in every form.
There are many recipes that you can follow to enjoy them at any time, either in breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
The air fryer has an amazing option to cook the meal easily and perfectly as it is considered as the best and budget-friendly kitchen home appliance that is also the healthiest one. It is also a perfect alternative to the oven as well as to the deep-fryer.
Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe
The fried chicken breast, chicken wings, chicken thighs, or fried chicken legs all are yummy and delicious with the perfect balance of flavors and the crispy outer layer.
An air fryer is not to only cook crispy or crunchy meals; however, you can cook steaks, fries, veggies, grilled items, any meat, or even cakes and donuts in the air fryer.
Many people ask as How to make air fryer fried chicken, but the answer is very simple as all you need to take the chicken, some spices, buttermilk, and also the all-purpose flour to give it the crispy outer layer.
And if you do not want to have a flour coating, then take the chicken with the skin to make it crispy as you like.
How to Make Air Fryer Fried Chicken
It is very easy to make air fryer fried chicken, but here many recipes are available for you in detail to follow the procedure and make the perfect fried chicken.
Marinating chicken and then putting it in an air fryer with the correct temperature and timer is the key. So if you want various recipes of fried chicken, then follow the recipes mentioned in this blog below.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Air Fryer
Fried chicken in the air fryer is really easy to make, but for that, you need to first marinate the chicken. For a buttermilk fried chicken air fryer, you need to take the following ingredients:
- Hot sauce
- Chicken pieces of your choice
- All-purpose flour
- Italian seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Paprika (optional)
You can use any sauce, or you can simply take half quantity of hot sauce and half buttermilk that means you need to make an equal quantity mixture of hot sauce and the buttermilk.
Adding buttermilk is essential as it makes the inside of the chicken very juicy and tender, and the hot sauce makes the flavor really good.
If you like less spicy food, then you can also take less quantity of hot sauce as up to your taste. But do not worry as this equal quantity will not make the chicken spicy. It will surely have the perfect balance of flavors.
You can simply add the chicken to the mixture that you make with buttermilk and the hot sauce and then keep the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour to as long as you want, till 24 hours.
Now you need to combine other spices with the marinated chicken; make sure not to freeze the meat as at this point, you need to add more seasoning and spices to the chicken to make the flavor much more delicious.
You need to take a bowl and first add the all-purpose flour, then add the Italian seasoning along with the salt. You can add these as per your taste and also add some onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
You can use a whisk to combine all these dry ingredients well, and by using the whisk, the flour will be well seasoned with other spices that you have added.
Now here you need to grab a tong and just take one piece of marinated chicken into the bowl of dried spices.
You need to shake the chicken piece after mixing with the dried ingredients so that the dusting of the flour mixture will give a perfect form to the chicken piece.
Again put it in dried spices and again shake a bit as you just dust the spices a second time. The coating is completed now.
Air Fryer Directions
Follow these steps for all the chicken pieces and just keep them all aside on a plate. At this point, now you have to set your air fryer, and for that, you first need to preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
After preheating, just use a cooking spray and spritz your air fryer with it. Put the chicken pieces in it but make sure not to overflow the basket of the fryer, or else the overlapping among the meat pieces can also result in a bit of sogginess.
Once the pieces are all set, just close the chamber (basket) of the fryer and set the time for 25 minutes.
After the half-done process like after around 13 minutes, you need to open the Air Fryer and then turn or flip the pieces only. Spray this other side of your chicken piece as well with the cooking spray.
Once the time of cooking is done, you can use a quick read thermometer to just ensure that chicken pieces are perfectly and fully cooked up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit or not. Once you get the read, just remove it from the fryer and just enjoy it.
Air Fryer Fried Chicken Thighs
The air fryer helps to make the healthiest food. The air fryer chicken thighs has always been a center of attraction whenever someone discusses the air fryer. You can also make Air fryer chicken fried steak.
Most of the users of this machine are totally satisfied, or they had a great experience of making chicken in it, you can cook many other things, but this meat cooks perfectly and juicy in the fryer.
The good reviews have made us share some amazing recipes with you, and for fried chicken breast, the recipe is simple.
You will surely love the crispy-skinned air fryer chicken as the breast piece does not have any bone, so it will be boneless also; you can also make the perfect chicken thighs; it is perhaps incredibly and truly satisfying, and this recipe is super quick! You can also try the crispy air fryer fish recipe or the air fryer steaks also.
Most people ask how to make crispy air fryer chicken, and for this, we have come up with a delicious recipe, but this recipe has an outer layer coating on the pieces of chicken that makes chicken skin crispy as well as perfect! You can take any chicken piece like breast, legs (drumsticks), or thighs.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390 degrees F for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk all-together the dried ingredients like all-purpose flour, some salt, and the pepper or Old Bay.
- Mix the chicken into the mixture of flour, pepper & salt, then dip into beaten eggs, then again back in the flour dried mixture again. (You can also add the paprika powder in seasoning or any other choice of seasoning).
- Shake it off so that the excess flour will not stick to it.
- Place around four pieces of chicken breast or thighs into the bottom of your air fryer cooking chamber. Cook it for around 25 minutes or just until your chicken perfectly reaches 180 degrees F.
- Remove it from the fryer and serve hot.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
It is better to make a batter-type recipe means a recipe with an outer batter layer to seal it in the moisture so that it remains crispy and juicy air fryer chicken breast.
If you will take the skin-less chicken that there are chances to get the dried piece of chicken without batter. It is really amazing, simple easy and quick.
First, you need to prepare a batter-like take the buttermilk, add some hot sauce in it, mix it well and then let it sit for few hour minima for 1 hour then take the pieces and place it in a bowl of dried ingredients where it must have (Salt, flour, pepper, paprika, and seasoning of your choice).
You can also simply take the chicken pieces and add them to the dried ingredients first, like in flour dried mixture than in beaten eggs, then again in the dried spices mixture. Shake it off, and then air fryer it.
- Cook chicken breast in your Air Fryer for around 25 minutes, depending upon how thick piece of chicken breasts you have taken.
- If you have thick ones, it will surely take a longer time.
- Chicken breasts must cook to a minimum of 165 degrees F.
The Air Fryer perfectly cooks the food by just circulating the hot air inside it evenly like in the chamber or basket of the fryer, so it simply means that for this perfect cooking, you must ensure that properly the overall surface of the food is exposed to inside hot air.
You need to make sure that the pieces do not overlap each other while cooking to get the best fried crisp and golden-brown color. Putting three chicken breasts at a time in a fryer is best.
An air fryer is best for a meal of a small family, or you can cook it in small batches; if you are dealing with the chicken wings or chicken thighs, then you can also place around four pieces at one time in a single batch.
The Best Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Juicy, easy, full of flavors, and delicious drumsticks are everyone’s favorite; however, this is great news for mommy’s of kids who love drumsticks to make them in the air fryer is the healthiest way without using excessive oil. You can also follow the same recipe for Air fryer fried chicken wings.
- Take eight pieces of chicken drumsticks.
- Take two tablespoons of olive oil.
- One teaspoon of the garlic powder
- One teaspoon of the paprika
- Half a teaspoon of the cumin
- One teaspoon of the Celtic sea salt
- One teaspoon of the fresh cracked black pepper
- In a small shallow bowl, just simply combine all herbs and the spices mentioned above.
- Set them all aside.
- Place your chicken drumsticks into that bowl, or you can add it to a plastic bag and just drizzle it with some olive oil.
- Toss it to coat it.
- Sprinkle some of the herbs and the spices all over your drumsticks again to coat them evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer at around 400 degrees F for around 2-5 minutes.
- Place your drumsticks into your air fryer basket and just cook it for around10 minutes at the temperature of 400 degrees F.
- Remove the basket of the fryer and just flip your chicken drumsticks halfway through.
- Cook it at around 400 degrees F for another ten more minutes.
- Chicken must read to 165 degrees F, and once it shows this temperature, it is ready as you can check it with a thermometer.
- Serve it hot and enjoy the meal with sauces of your choice. Your air fryer fried chicken legs or drumsticks are ready.
- If you have ever faced an issue of excessive smoke in your fryer, then do not worry; just make sure to add a little water at the bottom in the air fryer basket and then cook your chicken, the crispiness may get affected a bit, but you will get a delicious dish also.
- Spray the chicken with the cooking spray before cooking is not necessary if you are taking the meat with the skin because the skin already has grease on it.
- But if you are taking the meat without skin, then you must definitely go for the cooking spray, or else it might become very dry.